2013 City Council Elections
Visit the Guilford County Board of Elections website
for complete result information.
City Regulations for Temporary Campaign Signs
(as outlined in Land Development Ordinance
30-14-6.2 -- Standards for Signs Allowed Without a Permit)
Print out this temporary campaign sign brochure.
1. Temporary campaign signs must be located outside the public rights-of-way and not placed in any way that obstructs the view of drivers.
2. Signs placed on private property may only be done with the permission of the owner.
3. Signs cannot include balloons, pennants, streamers or other wind-blown devices.
4. Temporary campaign signs may not exceed six square feet in area or four feet in height.
5. Such signs may not be illuminated.
6. All temporary campaign signs must be removed within seven days after the election.
Report suspected violations to the City's Contact Center at 336-373-CITY (2489).